Tuesday, December 1, 2009

To wax or To thread

Which is better waxing or threading? I remember the first time I waxed my eyebrows, I felt like it was the best thing that happened to me because I have thick long eyebrows and now it was nicely shaped. One thing I disliked after waxing was the tweezing; I could not tolerate the pain. Also, the fact that women came just to tweeze their brows was frightening to me. As years past, waxing was my thing till a trip to Montréal. After Sunday brunch, my friends were going to thread their eyebrows so I tagged along. I watched as each friend got their brows shaped, so in my mind am like I have to try this even though I just waxed my eyebrows two weeks ago. Well it got to my turn, the woman went so fast and it was painful. The skin around my eyebrows were swollen and red, I told myself I would not thread my eyebrows again. My adventurous mind would not let that happen, a month ago I was looking for where to wax my eyebrows so my friend took me to a lady that does wonders with threading eyebrows. At first I looked calm but as soon as I saw her bringing the thread close to my face I started panicking. The lady got tired after two tries so she tells me to go wax. After waxing, then the lady tries to tweeze and am like no so she tries the thread which worked because I was relaxed and less tense. However, I finally overcame the fear of the thread by threading my eyebrows last week. I love the fact that it is just one step and not a two-step process with waxing. I don’t think I will go back to waxing my eyebrows.