Tuesday, December 8, 2009

México


My trip to México was remarkable: “haga usted dice el espanol” was the number question I was asked (I had to Google this to make sure what I was been asked).I went to Matamoros and Reynosa in Tamaulipas. The stories and warnings about kidnappings besmirched my mind that I didn’t want to interact with the locals or go to places where there were no tourists. However, there were some safe places to go to for food like Garcia’s-tourist haven. There were lots of typical places like pizza hut, subway, burger king, chili’s  and the likes. The malls were fun to glance around, some items cracked me up but when it comes to leather sandals and accessories they got it hands down. One annoying peeve was the infrequency of their network, it was horrendous. My Blackberry messenger friends (especially in Nigeria) had to make fun of my situation-I got messages 2hours after it was sent, how pathetic. Overall, México is a culturally enriched place if you are bold enough to go to the local places.